sugar cookie dough(leftover from frosted cookies)
2 1/2 lbs cream cheese
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 TB flour
2 tsp vanilla
6 oz white chocolate, chopped
1 cup dried cranberries
1. Press sugar cookie dough into 10 inch spring form pan. Bake for 10 minutes on 350F and set aside.
2. Cream the cheese until soft. Add in the sugar and mix well. Decrease the mixer speed to low and add the flour.
3. Add eggs in one at a time scraping bowl down to make sure that there are no lumps.
4. Stir in the vanilla. The chocolate and cranberries can be added now; they just get stirred in. If you wish to melt the chocolate and add in this was that is fine.
5. Pour batter into the pan. Bake in a water bath at 350F for approx 2 hours. Let cake sit at room temperature until cool, then chill overnight.
1/2 cup superfine granulated sugar
1 cup Satsuma juice(or just oranges if you don’t have satsumas) about 5 satsumas or 3 oranges
Remove zest from 2 satsumas. Squeeze juice from satsumas and strain through a fine sieve. Measure out 1 cup juice.
Cook remaining 1/2 cup sugar in a dry heavy saucepan over moderate heat, undisturbed, until it begins to melt. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally with a fork, until sugar is melted into a deep golden caramel. Add zest and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 15 seconds. Tilt pan and carefully pour in juice (caramel will harden and steam vigorously). Cook over moderately low heat, stirring, until caramel is dissolved, then cool sauce.