2 lbs or 3 large potatoes, scrubbed, peeled and diced large
6 cups water (to boil the potatoes)
1 teaspoon salt (to add in boiling water to cook the potatoes)
4 cloves garlic, ends snipped and peeled
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1/3 cup grated Romano cheese (or can use Parmesan cheese for substitute)
1 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped chives
salt (optional and according to taste)
1. In a medium size saucepan, put diced potatoes, peeled garlic cloves and water and bring to a boil. Once the water boils, add the salt and cook potatoes until tender.
2. Drain the water from the saucepan of cooked potatoes and garlic. While still piping hot, mash the potatoes and garlic, either leave some bits unmashed (for texture) or mash until smooth.
3. Add the extra virgin olive oil and evaporated milk and continue to mash/mix.
4. Mix in the grated Romano Cheese and season with pepper and salt (optional and according to taste).
5. Fold-in the chopped chives. And serve hot or warm, with or without gravy.