- 1 package Ore-Ida® Steam n’ Mash Garlic Seasoned Potatoes
- 1 pound ground meat lean
- 3/4 cup onion finely chopped
- 1/3 cup bread crumbs seasoned
- 1/4 cup Jack Daniel’s® Barbecue Sauce, Honey Smokehouse™
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup evaporated milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup crumbled bacon real
- 1/4 cup crispy fried onions canned
- 2/3 cup Mexican blend cheese shredded
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 9×9 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large bowl, combine beef, onion, breadcrumbs, Barbecue Sauce, egg, chili powder and salt until well mixed. Gently press into bottom of baking dish.
2. Bake uncovered for 20 to 25 minutes, or until cooked through. Carefully pour off any excess fat if needed. Adjust oven to broil and place oven rack 6 to 8 inches from heat source.
3. Meanwhile, microwave Potatoes according to package instructions. In a large bowl, mix together hot Potatoes, milk and butter, and mash with a potato masher until smooth. For a smoother consistency, mix with an electric mixer to desired consistency. Stir in bacon and fried onions. Spread evenly on top of beef mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
4. Broil for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese is lightly browned. Serve hot with additional Barbecue Sauce if desired.
TIP: If desired, substitute ground beef with ground turkey.