1 24 oz. bag of shredded hash browns
2 tsp salt
1 tsp pepper
2 tbs oil (I use olive oil)
1/3 cup shredded cheddar
Bacon bits or 8=10 pieces of cooked bacon, crumbled
Extra shredded cheddar
- Take your bag of hash browns and mix in the salt, pepper, oil and 1/3 cup shredded cheese.
- Divide amongst the cups in your muffin tin, making sure to grease tin beforehand.
- Bake hash browns at 425 degrees for 15-18 minutes or until toasty.
- Once they’re finished, take them out and lower the temp of the oven to 350 degrees.
- Crack an egg into each of the cups
- Top with bacon and a sprinkle of extra cheese
- Bake at 350 degrees for 13-16 minutes (or until the eggs are as firm as you like them).
- Slide a knife along the edges to remove from pan when cooled.
- I like to break the yolks in my eggs a bit once I put them into the hash brown cups
- When I cheat on these, I use the Oscar Meyer Bacon pieces found in the “salad dressing” section of the grocery store. They’re the closest thing to fresh bacon I can find, and all-natural. 🙂
- You can also experiment with ham, sausage, and veggies to make them your own!